You'll notice it doesn't zip up anymore.
It turns out that I have a lot of makeup. Far more than I thought I did (in truth, I'm not even sure all of my makeup is in this bag at the moment). Today's Sephora excursion didn't exactly help matters, either.
A lot of bloggers/makeup hoarders have been jumping on the "Project 10 Pan" wagon lately. If you're not familiar with Project 10 Pan, the basic idea behind the project is this: you must use up ten beauty products before you are allowed to buy a new makeup/beauty item. The idea is keep one's beauty stash manageable and to prevent hoarding. It also guarantees that you don't end up wasting your money on products you never use.
My inability to zip up my makeup bag has prompted me to start my own Project 10 Pan. Well, that and this:
My eyeshadow collection.
Dude, that's a lot of eyeshadow. More than I really need, honestly. Who really needs 10 different shades of taupe eyeshadow? After seeing this, I've decided that starting a Project 10 Pan makes perfect sense for me.
And I've already got a nice head start, I think.
1. Exposed pan on a Mary Kay blush and shadow
2. Clinique Pink Chocolate Quad; well on its way out!
3. A Wet N'Wild pressed powder compact.
4. Bare Escentals Mineral Veil (so close to kicked! I'll probably get two more uses out of this).
5. Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush lipgloss in Strawberry Fizz. This is well loved so its days are seriously numbered.
I haven't included a bottle of John Frieda's Root Awakening Restoring Shampoo in this list, but it should be there. One more wash and I'm ready to break out a new shampoo I've been dying to try!
Are you a beauty product hoarder? Do you buy stuff only to forget you already have something similar?