Made Up in Boston

"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." -Oscar Wilde

Friday, July 15, 2011

Hair Goods Haul!

I've been in the market for a hairdryer for some time now, but for whatever reason I've continually put off making a purchase. I typically allow my hair to air dry, so a hairdryer hasn't exactly been on my "essentials list." However, that all changed yesterday, when I found a Remington Signature Tools mini dryer in Marshalls for all of $10. Not only was it super affordable, but it's cute as can be with a sweet little paisley design in bright, happy colors.

As far as hairdryers go, there's nothing spectacular about it. It has two speed and heat settings, comes equipped with a ceramic grill and a heat concentrator screw-on nozzle. It claims to emit infrared radiant heat to help dry hair strands from the inside out. It also claims to emit ionic conditioning, meaning that the heat emits negative ions to help neutralize positive ions (the bad frizz-causing ions). 

I'll give it a shot tonight after I wash my hair. Fingers crossed it doesn't leave my hair looking like fried straw!

Besides the hairdryer, I wanted to switch out my shampoo for something new. I've been using John Frieda's Root Awakening Strength Restoring Shampoo (for breakage-prone hair) and while I really like it, I think my hair is getting too used to it. I don't feel it's been as effective lately. 
So I picked up a new brand of shampoo called Infusium 23. Infusium 23 has multiple lines of hair products, all suited to different hair needs, and each bottle is pretty reasonably priced ($10-13, depending on where you go. I scored a deal at CVS and picked this up for only $5!). I grabbed a shampoo from the Repair and Renew line, a system that offers three products to help revitalize and restore severely damaged hair. It smells really nice, and it's a water-based formula so I think it will absorb into strands nicely. Once I give it a go, I'll write up a more detailed review.

Note: I didn't pick up the conditioner from the same line because I'm still really loving my Organix Moroccan Argan Oil conditioner.

And speaking of Argan Oil, I also grabbed a bottle of Argan Magic Nourishing Hair Cream, a leave-in cream that hydrates and conditions hair, eliminating frizz and giving some hold and body to hair. It smells a bit like a flower stand, but if it's anything like the previously mentioned conditioner, I'm sure it'll be a great investment! I'm really looking forward to trying this stuff out in conjunction with the conditioner. Might this be the hair holy grail I've been searching for? 

Lastly, I grabbed a bottle of Got 2b's Guardian Angel Heat Protect Flat Iron Balm. Given the recent purchase of the hair dryer, and my heavy use of my flat iron of late, this in particular seems like a necessary purchase!

Tomorrow night is my 10 year High School reunion. Maybe I'll have the nicest hair at the event, thanks to all my new products! ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment