Made Up in Boston

"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." -Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Frizz-Free Curls: The Perfect Summer Hair

It's been obnoxiously hot here in Boston lately, and despite my recent purchase of the world's cutest mini-hairdryer, I just can't imagine blasting hot air at my head right now. The sane (and heat-accommodating) thing to do right now is to just let my hair air-dry, and work with the resulting mass of curls.

I want to give my curls structure so they don't frizz all over the place in the humidity. To achieve this I decided to mix my new Argan Magic Nourishing Hair Cream with my trusty Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse (I love this stuff; it totally defines my curls while still taming them!).

While my hair was still wet, I smoothed the Argan Magic cream from roots to tips, then immediately applied the Herbal Essences mousse, scrunching up my hair like it was 1988.

My hair sucked up the oils in the hair cream, leaving it soft and silky. It was hard to judge the level of frizz while the mousse was still drying, though. At first my hair was super crunchy in that "too much mousse" kind of way, but I ran my fingers through my hair, loosening the curls. The Argan oils took over though and after about an hour, there was no crunchy hair to be touched. My hair was mostly frizzless, super soft, shiny, bouncy, and MEGA-curly.

So will this be my new summer do? Um, YES! It's so easy to do, and hours later it looks exactly the same.  If you're trying to get a similar style, I can definitely recommend picking up some curling products and some Argan Magic to help you on your way :)

Today's FOTD was super simple, as I really wanted the hair to be the star of the show today. I slapped on a little bit of concealer to hide a few spots, and after that left the rest of my skin free from foundation to breathe. I applied a light touch of hot pink blush to the apples of the cheeks and complimented the color with Revlon's Pink in the Afternoon (still loving this color!). The eyes were a simple duo of pink-champagne and gold shadows.
And lastly, meet my newest earring obsession:

I spotted these little lovelies in Target the other day and couldn't resist bringing them home with me. The beads look like Chalcedony, one of my favorite gems. They have a slight faceted sparkle to then, they look great against my dark hair, and best of all they're super light. I'm wearing them now and I can't even feel them! Best of all, the pale-blue/grey color mixes in wonderfully with my wardrobe. Keepers, people, keepers. All for the low, low price of $7.

So....

Summer hair? Check. Summer makeup? Check. Summer earrings? Check. We're all good here, folks! :)

How do you keep your hair frizz-free? Do you have a go-to, anti-heat hair style that you stick to in the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment