Made Up in Boston

"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." -Oscar Wilde

Friday, August 12, 2011

Two Reasons Why I have No Willpower

Woodwinked

....and Club.
Just two little MAC shadows, and a whole lot of self-realization: it would appear that I simply cannot control myself when MAC is involved.

I found myself at the mall today, helping my sister-in-law Emily find a new purse. Somehow (and I swear I have no recollection of this happening!) I found myself in the MAC Pro store swatching shadows and snapping up two pan shadows. I know I swore off any new makeup purchases until I achieved my Project 10 Pan goal, but as soon as I swatched these two, I knew I couldn't walk out without purchasing them.

Woodwinked is described as a warm antiqued gold, and it's definitely a bold color.
It's supposed to be very flattering on green and blue eyes, so I'm excited to put this color to work and see how it works on my eyes.

Club is described as a red-brown with green pearl, and honestly, I've never seen an eyeshadow like this before. You really see each color in this shadow, but instead of coming off as muddy, this trio works fantastically together!
Now I will admit that I enjoy looking for dupes and getting a similar (and great) product for a much cheaper price, but I really don't think this is a color that can be easily duped. It's so complex and the color changes so much depending on the lighting and the amount of product you use. I know a lot of people in the beauty community claim Wet n'Wild's Comfort Zone Palette contains a dupe for MAC Club, but I haven't personally tried the CZ palette, so I can't say for sure if it is or not (you can read a review of the CZ palette here).

Both of these shadows are extremely well pigmented and both have a very creamy consistency. A little goes a VERY long way and the blend beautifully. Club in particular is a very workable shade; you can apply just a tiny bit to the lid for a sheer wash of color or deepen the color by applying it a bit heavier.
(Without flash)
(With flash)

So of course now I have to impose a ban on myself. I really can't buy anymore eyeshadows. Like, ever.

Well, ok, maybe not *EVER*. But certainly for a good long while at least!

P.S.
This was yesterday's hair style: a cute little ponytail with a hair wrap. Unfortunately, it's glaringly obvious I've spent too much time in the pool this summer. The chlorine has completely brought out the red in my hair and now my ends are scarlett!
Looks like a box of L'Oreal Feria hair color is in my future! /:

No comments:

Post a Comment