Of course, international travel requires some planning, especially when it comes to what products I'm going to bring with me.
Now I have no intention of schlepping around the Holy Land with my entire stash of makeup, but I do want to bring enough stuff with me that I can have some variety in my day to day look. I also don't want to bring my more expensive or LE products with me, so the MAC and other department store brands stay at home, and a virtual Target store comes with me in my carryon.
So what makes the cut? Read on to find out!
First, this is my trusty travel makeup bag:
- Revlon CS e/s quad in Sterling Rose: makes a great but subtle smoky eye. Four beautiful shades of champagne, pink, lilac-grey, and grey-black.
- L'Oreal Studio e/s quad in Lavender Smokes: this quad looks like Fall; warm golds, brownish-plum, and mauve. It's a perfect group of colors that will transition wonderfully from day to night. (Check back for a full review of this quad, coming soon!).
- Revlon CS eyeliner in Black: do other eyeliner colors exist? Not for me!
- L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara: one of my favorite drugstore mascaras.
- Revlon Eyelash curler: my lashes don't curl naturally. I totally need help opening the eye up, so I get a lot of use out of this baby.
- E.L.F. Studio Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder: just because you're on vacation doesn't mean you shouldn't contour! ;) This is perfect for traveling because your bronzer and blush are conveniently grouped together into one compact.
- Wet N'Wild 100% Natural Blend Pressed Powder
- Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Concealer: I'm not interested in bringing a full coverage foundation with me only because I can't imagine wearing a virtual mask while in the desert. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that concealer and a powder finish will hold me over and make my skin presentable during my trip.
- Cover Girl Cheekers Blush in Pretty Peach: the perfect pinky-coral, "just came in from the beach" color. It'll look great against the tan I plan on getting :)
- N.Y.C. l/g in Sungold Pink: the perfect golden-peach color. A total dupe for NARS's Orgasm l/g. It smells just like the beach, too!
- Mary Kay l/g in Berry Sparkle: I'm bringing this because I really love the bright pop of raspberry lips against tanned skin.
- Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush l/g in Strawberry Fizz: Mostly I'm just trying to use this up, but it is a very pretty wash of pale pink.
- Bare Escentuals Full Flawless Face Coverage Brush
- E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush
- Essence of Beauty Concealer Brush
- Essence of Beauty Eyeliner brush
- Sephora Professionnel Rounded Crease Brush #13.
What kind of makeup bag do you use when you travel? Do you travel with a lot of makeup, or just the essentials?