Made Up in Boston

"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." -Oscar Wilde

Friday, June 10, 2011

Bon Voyage!

I mentioned in one of my previous posts that I'm going to Israel for the next two weeks. We leave tomorrow and I'm so excited!

Unfortunately, this means my blogging might be sporadic between now and my return. I promise to make a valiant attempt to share my adventures in Israel with you when I can, because I have a beauty-related endeavor in mind that I can't wait to experience!

Specifically, I'm gonna do this!
That's right, I'm going to get dirty! By laying in mud, I mean. The Dead Sea region is full of mineral-rich muds and soils that supposedly hold rejuvenating properties, so lots of people flock to this area every day to mud bathe and float about in the hopes that they'll come out more beautiful than when they went in. As you can imagine, it's pretty easy to find all kinds of beauty products that capitalize on this reputation. I've even written about them. But I can imagine it's a much more memorable experience to actually do it than it is to just buy a jar of cream :)

So how does it work? Apparently you spend some time playing in the mud and rinsing off in the heavily salient Dead Sea, and you come out with exfoliated, glowing skin.

I'm not entirely sold on dousing your skin with salt, but the mud bath part sounds pretty good. I mean really, if laying in mud works for this chick....
...There's no reason I shouldn't try it, too!

I promise to post about this event once it has happened and how it works out for me afterwards (apologies for the bikini shots in advance). Will I have gorgeous, fresh skin? Or am I going to come out  all salty and wrinkled and pruny? Stay tuned to see!

Have you been to the Dead Sea? What are some fun health or beauty related activities you've experienced on a vacation?

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read about it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip! Let us know how the mud bath helps your skin!

    ReplyDelete