Made Up in Boston

"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." -Oscar Wilde

Friday, January 6, 2012

Bold Liner, Bright Lips: Holiday Makeup!

A holiday party look in January? Better late than never, I say! :)

Few things scream "holiday parties" like red lips and dramatic liner. Well, ok, maybe glitter speaks to that topic, too, but I'm not one for straight up glitter on my face (at least, not anymore, anyways).

I used E.L.F. Studio Cream liner and essentially covered my entire lid with a thick black line, angling it up and winging it out to change the shape of my eye. My eyes are a bit on the small side, so I find that by drawing a thicker line along the outer corner of my eye, I draw more emphasis to my eyes, making them look larger. I used my Essence of Beauty dual-ended eyeshadow brush to smudge MAC's Shroom under my lower lashes and in the inner corner of my eye. Two coats of L'Oreal Telescopic mascara finished the look.

For my lips, I just slicked on a quick bit of Revlon's Cherries in the Snow. Bright and cheery and perfect for the holidays! For my cheeks I used Wet n'Wild Iconic blush in Heather Silk, a bright magenta shade that I buffed out with my Bare Minerals Full Coverage brush, leaving just a hint of "I just came in from the cold" pink. I used my fingertips to blend just a touch of Shroom on top of the blush, for a highlighting effect.

What was your favorite makeup look this holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment